GNUCash 1.8.1

Guest ump

Just wondering if anyone has used the latest version of GNUCash and if so what you thought also are there any MDK compiled RPM's for it I have searched Google but didn't trun anything up.

Thanks

Actually, Mandrake 9.1RC2 has it included on the CDs.

I have it installed and use it daily; mostly for regular checkbook stuff and bank reconciliation, but it works for me. I like it.

You might want to check out Moneydance. It costs a little as opposed to Gnucash which is free but I couldn't get GC to work with regular payments, maybe I was missing something.

Moneydance displays all due payments on the main screen and allows you then to enter them or delete them.

Hope that helps

So it looks like GnuCash will be shipped with 9.1 do we know if it is version 1.8.1 I have version 1.6.x but I want to try 1.8.1 and having it on the 9.1 release would be great.

ump

ump wrote:

So it looks like GnuCash will be shipped with 9.1 do we know if it is version 1.8.1 I have version 1.6.x but I want to try 1.8.1 and having it on the 9.1 release would be great.

Just ran it on mdk 9.1, rc-2 and it's 1.8.1. I assume that's the way it will be on the final release of 9.1 which should be out very soon.

ump wrote:

BTW pmpatrick how do you like 9.1

I really like it. Think it's a big improvement over 9.0. The font rendering is excellent and the new look is beautiful. RC-2 was pretty buggy and I was somewhat concerned. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to do my regular updates through Cooker due to lack of time, but those who have report that the bugs have been cleaned up. KDE 3.1 is really great and there is a good attempt to get a unified look between KDE and Gnome apts while at the same time leaving both intact and fully functional. I've already preorderd and am eagerly looking forward to the isos being posted hopefully this week. Cooker is now closed and 9.1 is in production with the name "Bamboo". They may be waiting for lsb certification but 9.1 should hit the mirrors very soon.

pmpatrick

Thanks for the info I ordered the 9.0 special when they first started taking pre-orders for 9.0 I got 9.0 and 9.1 and 9.2 when they were available for one price so basically I am just waiting for them to ship it to me.

• 2 years later...
Guest walkermydawg
Actually, Mandrake 9.1RC2 has it included on the CDs.

I have it installed and use it daily; mostly for regular checkbook stuff and bank reconciliation, but it works for me. I like it.

I have just finihed getting the NVidia Driver working on my x86_64 system...that was a lot of fun since I have one of those new Turbo Cache cards on the PCI-E Bus. Anyway, works great now. Trying to install Moneydance and it is complaining about the Java Executables...can't find them, and neithet can I. I did URPMI Java 4.2 and it seemed to go in OK. Still don't know whare to tell Moneydance to fine the ececutables...any body out there with some help?

OH, yeah...if anybody needs help with the New NVidia drivet on 10.1 x86_64 I'll be glad to help with what I can...mine is working beautifully!

walkermydawg

Guest walkermydawg
You can get rpms of java 1.4.2 from Sun, easy install and instructions are on the Sun site.

Hey, Thanks...I got the Java from Sun, installed it and then installed Monaydance. It's working great now!

Walkermydawg