Mozilla 1.3 final released

Guest SDMF

I installed 1.3 yesterday. It was my first tar ever to successfully install (I'm a true point and clicker/newbie and did it with command lines as the instructions in the Read Me file said)! :D

But if anyone else is a nontechie/newbie like me, I couldn't find the Read Me files before I actually downloaded the tar, so do this first *before* the download: make a directory called mozilla to which you will download it to first, and install it by command lines.

My mistake was that I first downloaded it into my home directory, then I right-clicked and chose "Extract Here"....a big mistake since it scattered a bunch of files that were nonsense to me in my home directory :!:

Well, mistakes are the fun part of learning Linux (he-he).

I'll let someone else give the command for how to extract the file on a command line, since I don't quite remember it now.

Regards,

Richard L.

ndeb said

There are mozilla-1.2.1 rpms for mandrake-9.0 in....

Nope they dont have it yet.

I am not worried about a targz install, done a few before. what im worried about is wether this mozilla will integrate easily into mdk9.0 menus etc. Will it overwrite the old one? or will it exist in a separate directorey in my home folder?

Could anyone clarify please?

Also what are the advantages of the new 1.3 mozzila? Over the previous one?

I think that 1.3 is faster and has nicer fonts than 1.2.1. I am still using the beta in 9.1RC2. I had a flash issue (doesn't everybody?) but everything works great. I did a flash install from the Macromedia websight that seemed to have slowed the browser. I replaced it with an rpm recommended by, i think anon, and that solved the issue.