Keyboard problems

Guest bunky3301

Guest bunky3301

:unsure: Hey all.....I've installed Mandriva Free and everything goes great....then when it reboots for the first time. I try to type in my username and password and the keys just studders and run on and I wont let me ever get to log in. Now this has happened on the same computer with other distros like "Debian , Easy Linux, Knoppix etc. The keys would just go "nuts" and I figured it was a hardware problem with the ps/2 connectors . So I bought a USB keyboard and it did the same thing on me. The funny thing is whenever I use the same ps/2 keyboard on other distros live Fedora Core and some live versions like Damn Small linux, Feather linux, Berry Linux and others it works fine. Hope someone can help with this problem, because I'd really like to dive into this new Mandriva Free. :huh:

P.S.- The keyboard always works fine through the installation process...like when typing in your username and other information.....its just after the first boot into the install it goes nuts.....

[moved from Software by spinynorman - welcome aboard :)]

Welcome to the board :beer:

Have you got Plug and Play OS enabled in your BIOS? If so, disable it, as this can cause problems with hardware detection and might be the cause of your problem.

I also changed your font size and bold, it was too "in your face" and difficult to read. Only use this where necessary. Ta ;)