Flash in Mozilla 1.3

Ixthusdan

Something strange that I never noticed before, but after running RC2, I decided to keep it for now and began installing all the plugins for Mozilla 1.3. I had to get the flash tar file from the Macromedia sight, and after installing it, the browser has slowed down. Everything is working, but flash seems to have weighted down the browser. I am talking about sights that are not using any flash. I was loading pages almost as fast as Phoenix, and now it reminds me of a Netscape browser. Anyone else notice a slowdown after installing flash??

Guest JaseP

I've started experiencing crashes and lock-ups in Mozilla 0.9 since installing the mozilla flash plug-in...

Damn Flash!!! If I didn't need it for certain things, I wouldn't have even installed it.

I also got frustrated with this because the rpm's that I wanted to use required Xft which caused some really strange stuff in RC2. Before, I had 9.0 working fine, but that was mozilla 1.2 which I built on my box. I then wanted to go the Phoenix route, but ran into compile problems and again, rpm's that required Xft.

anon: how would I remove flash installed by tar so that I could try the rpm that you suggested?