samba mount points

Guest gaaslight

Guest gaaslight

i used to connect my winnt4.0 pewter to a samba server called clbb-127, then i had to upgrade my installation after a failed attempt to create a new partition. everything is fine now except when i see a new server called clbb-57 in samba mount points in mcc the old server clbb-127 is still listed but i can't seem to mount it or do anything with it and the new server clbb-57 isn't found by my winnt4.0 pewter.

is there a way to delete samba servers and start over?

You could remove samba server:

urpme samba-server

and then reinstall it. Any conf files that were being used will be renamed, and then when you reinstall it, you'll have a nice clean fresh config. Much better if you're new to all this, then you don't have to mess around trying to revert back to previous config.

Guest gaaslight

just tried re-installing and everything looks like it did before.. when i reboot verbose mode i see that the smb connection fails. my winnt box can't find servers in the workgroup "mdkgroup". my linux box can't find anything on the local network.

Editing your smb.conf, likely.

What did you try to edit your samba configuration?

i'm using the mandriva control center to try sharing my internet connection and to set up samba mount points. it work so well the first time.

Edited by gaaslight