Mouse problem :(

Guest satchothenewbie

Guest satchothenewbie

I have a Microsoft Wireless mouse (the regular one not the Explorer) and i have it installed as just a standard ps2 mouse, but while i am using it, sometimes it skitters across te screen and acts like i right clicked when i am just moving it around. it doesnt happen all the time, but it is annoying. sometimes it just stops working period. what can i do to fix this? yes i searched through the other mouse posts.

Guest satchothenewbie

Replaced the batteries, that didn't help. I don't have a wireless phone in this room, so that's not it either. The wireless receiver is about a foot from where i use the mouse. Any suggestions on this problem. I really dont think its the mouse. It works fine in windows. But i hardly ever use windows. The mouse is really a USB mouse, but i have to convert it to ps2 to get it to work on mandrake. It gets annoying, since i havent had the chance to get my scroll wheel to work, and trying to scroll down on a web page with the mouse bouncing to the top right corner doesnt help me any. Please help. I have been moving the receiver around to different places, but nothing changes.

Guest CloakedPenguin

Is it optical? If so clean the optical area. Also try adjusting the mouse settings so that they are not as sensitive as they are now. That might help some also.

Guest satchothenewbie

since this mouse isn't functioning to its best, in linux anyway, i have decided to get a new one. what would be the best mouse to get (under $40) that people have had lots of experience with, works, and that the scroll wheel works right on installation?

Logitec mouse drivers have odd ways of hiding in the system and not leaving. Years ago I got a logitec game joystick that was not all that good, and I spent considerable time tracking down all of the stupid dll's that it put into the system.

On second thought, it was windows that had the issues. Yeah, I'll blame windyo's :wink: