Mandriva 2006 - Gnome File Associations

crazypig

I’m running Gnome 2.10 on Mandriva 2006 and when I insert a CD then Cdplayer automatically detects this and runs and then freezes when it comes to playing the CD. So this is a little annoying but I'd rather use Totem anyway. Cdplayer will open ok from the menu and works fine until I try and play a CD so I've been able to change the preferences to not automatically open (and crash) when a CD is inserted. Basically I've two options I think. 1-fix Cdplayer so it works or 2-associate Totem with CDs this is already the association for DVDs. (preferably both of these) So I suppose I really just need to know how to associate file types with applications. It sounds obvious but ..

I know its easier in KDE but this is Gnome.

Thanks.

Welcome aboard. :)

Just for your information: The gnome-cd player in 2006 is broken, but there is an update available that fixes it. Go to the easyurpmi site http://www.mandrivausers.org/easyurpmi/index.php set up your software mirrors and update the system (if you have broadband, of course, otherwise it will be a long and costly procedure).

Wow. Thanks Guys. I can stop looking for the file associations now then. Interesting to know that the cd player is broken and its not just me, I'll have a look at the fix sometime.

This actually is not due to file association, but to dynamic scripts instead. You only need to edit the /etc/dynamic/user-scripts/* to your liking :)

right I'll start looking at these user scripts. thanks for the pointer.

:D