desktop folder?

MadHattr

I think what hes asking is

how do you change /home/user/Desktop to /some/other/dir

the easy way (although I'm not sure it would work) is to link /home/user/Desktop to another dir

mv /home/user/Desktop /home/user/Desktop.old/

ln -s /this/is/my/dir /home/user/Desktop

chown user.user /this/is/my/dir

I can't see anywhere in KDE to change it any other way :?

Well, what I think he's (I'm only assuming gender...I don't know you...sorry :-)) asking is the Desktop's directory is /home/omar/.gnome-desktop (mine) in Gnome and I think I remember it being /home/omar/.kde/Desktop in KDE, but some icons are drawn dynamically and will come back if you delete them. Also, in Nautilus (Gnome) under advanced preferences, there is the option of using your /home directory as your desktop.

Well, what I think he's (I'm only assuming gender...I don't know you...sorry :-)) asking is the Desktop's directory is /home/omar/.gnome-desktop (mine) in Gnome and I think I remember it being /home/omar/.kde/Desktop in KDE, but some icons are drawn dynamically and will come back if you delete them. Also, in Nautilus (Gnome) under advanced preferences, there is the option of using your /home directory as your desktop.

:#:

isn;t the KDE desktop /home/user/Desktop or is that some obscure freak dynamic thing that points to /home/user/.kde3.1:#:/.desktop ?

I threw that .kde3.1 in just to add a little more confusion :#:

Actually, I was just guessing from memory....deleted KDE and can't remember, but I think he was asking is where is it, so that he can edit it....which makes me believe that either (a) he's using Gnome or some other GUI/WM that doesn't deal with drag-n-drop on the desktop or (B) he wants to get rid of the floppy, cdrom, etc, icons on KDE and they won't stay gone when you delete them by right-clicking on the desktop. More likely (a) ... final answer.