Mandrake 9.1 labels

Guest Pander

Personally, I only use the traycards for the 4 CD-ROM jewelcase. In that case are 4 CD-Rewritables, three distro CD-ROMs and one with all the RPMs of the PLF ISO-image, updates RPMS and some contrib RPMs.

Whenever there is a new distro, or I've a lot of new RPMS for my CD-Rewritable number 4, I simple rewrite/update the hole lot on it. I think this approach is very handy and is also very environmentally friendly. :D

One thing I'm looking for is labeling software that will take the TOC of the disk, and write it to a label.

Nero does this in Windoze, and it works great. Especially for Audio CD's as it will put all of the track info you want in the label too (length of run, etc).

Is there an equivalent program in Linux?

I haven't found it yet, after many days of searching. But maybe my google skills are suspect :)

Everything I see simply is a template for TYPING IN, your CD information, tracklists, etc. I want something to autogenerate these values.

Thanks in advance!

D

And it's good for basics, but I could do the same thing with some fancy LS work..

What I'm looking for is something that will read ID3 tags for music CD's and the like.

For example, the automated capability to do this:

1. Artist A - Song 1 - 3:15

2. Artist A - Song 2 - 3.32

3. Artist B - Song 1 - 4.42

Etc etc etc.

I realize I may be asking for the moon here, but it's just something I used to have the ease to do in Windoze Nero Burning software.

D

there are some linux cd burners that do this kind of stuff but i can't remember which, have a look around an try them all

maybe you wil have to extend the code of one of them by implementing it yourself so many people will have the benefit

So don't expect anything out of me soon.

I would like to eventually get into the programming a bit.

But right now, all I can do is console programing. I have done extensive multi-dimensional analysis in fortran, but never any GUI work, or anything outside of standard ASCII input/output.

So don't hold your breath wating for me :)

D

• 2 months later...

Hello, everyone.

I know I must have spent an hour looking for SOME kind of user-generated Mandrake Label for 9.1 with no success...

so I made my own. (By the way, this works best on labels with SMALL holes, but larger holes are okay as well.)

Here it is, what do you think?

mandrake9.1_CD_label_disk1.png

I'd like to know your thoughts...

that DragonMage made about the color of the bamboo.

The bamboo art I used was a traditional Japanese watercolor ink piece. But since not everyone is into that, here's the same graphic with GREEN leaves.

mandrake9.1_CD_label_disk3.1.png

Better?

Pastored

Much better.. now if only I have some labelling kit :)

Cid

I just tried kover and it actually work just like you want to work. It takes a cd and can read from cddb lookup. However, I am not sure how good it is with a roll-your-own cd however.

I think contrib repositories (or was it on the club) have something like

mandrake-media

(urpmi mandrake-media, )

which contains 3 normal case front and back images, 3 slimcase images and 3 fold-em-yourself paper case images, I used the latter.

But they don't have any cdlabel, and yours looks really cool!

So thanks!

(btw I also like the japanese style black leaves, but green is cool too)