My new keyboard

Des Kinsman

I have just purchased a new keyboard ......Cymotion Master Express G86-21050. It is an excellent multimedia keyboard which can be configured for both Windows and Linux..................But!!!

When I am in the Lilo menu the keyboard does not operate and therefore I can't scroll.

Please any ideas?

I'm guessing this is a USB keyboard. Most likely you need to find an update to the BIOS for your motherboard that allows pre-OS USB (if one is available). What motherboard do you have? You could also pick up a USB->PS2 adapter and use that.

I was going to recommend checking the USB legacy option in the BIOS for the keyboard, but then sometimes the keyboard doesn't work at all then when this option is either enabled/disabled.

Means you need a normal PS/2 keyboard to get back if you change this. Might be worth a shot if you do have a spare one in case your keyboard stops responding altogether.

In every other way the keyboard works, apart from when I'm in the O.S. menu.

However I will try using PS2 I was supplied with the adaptor. But the manufacturers did state that some of the special keys will not fonction with PS2.

Edited by Des Kinsman