Great tool for Mobile Users!

tyme

My friend just linked me to a sweet GNOME tool for networking...specifically users with wireless laptops, who move around to different wireless areas. It's called Network Manager. They have source available, you can break the lastest here (v0.6). Give it a try!

I wish I had a laptop to test it on...but I'd be interested in others experience with it. It uses dbus and hal :)

I would love to test it out for you, but I get this error:

checking for wireless-tools >= 28pre9... no
configure: error: wireless-tools >= 28pre9 not installed or not functional
< root /home/omar/Download/NetworkManager-0.6.2 > rpm -qa | grep wireless
wireless-tools-28-1.pre15.1mdk
wireless-tools-debug-28-1.pre15.1mdk

Trying to install a different wireless-tools from source gives me more errors.

• 3 weeks later...

'Hopelessly dated'? How about 'stable'?

One would think that since this is a Mandriva help board, one would expect Mandriva users to be posting here.

One would also expect that trying to assist a fellow Linux user would not be cause for another to ridicule one's choice of distro.

'Hopelessly dated'? How about 'stable'?

One would think that since this is a Mandriva help board, one would expect Mandriva users to be posting here.

One would also expect that trying to assist a fellow Linux user would not be cause for another to ridicule one's choice of distro.

Just ignore our "Archers", Steve. We both know that Mandriva is way better than many believe. ;)

this thread was started by an arch user....

that being said, linux is linux, and it doesn't matter what distro you use. if i want to come here and help mandriva users, i shouldn't be shut out just because i don't use mandriva. that's as mean as coming here and ridiculing mandriva.

but, none of this matters, because users are allowed to post whatever they like as long as they don't violate guidelines.

I've noticed this tool with Red Hat too, just never used it. I've always removed it as I wanted a nice clean list of services without stuff I wasn't using.

Might have to give it a go now, and check it out.