XPDF, can I access all that's in it??

Pepse

I downloaded some tax info and it is in XPDF, but I can't find the specific file (I downloaded several things to XPDF). Is there a way to view all the stuff I have in XPDF? I went to Download Manager and it doesn't seem to show everything I downloaded recently. I downloaded it on 2/18 or 2/19 and it shows 2/15 as the last entry.

Later. Pepse.

Locate and slocate are in console, right?? If so, when typing in "locate *.pdf" I got quite a few returns (40?) and they started with either "/usr/share/doc/cups/xxxx" or /usr/share/texmf/xxx" . There are a few things in "cups" that ended with "pdf" but of course I can't dbl clik and get any results.

Pepse.

O.K, xpdf is a linux app for reading a .pdf, so again, what do you mean "in XPDF"?

What Window Mgr. or Desktop Env are you using? If kde, a single click in konqueror will open a .pdf in kghostview (part of kdegraphics).

[bvc@localhost bvc]$ urpmf kghostview

kdegraphics:/usr/bin/kghostview

or, install xpdf or verify it's installed with rpm -q xpdf

OK, I thought XPDF was like haveing Adobe Reader installed. That I could go into it and see what .pdf items I have in there and edit or whatever I needed to do. I think my problem is that I try to see some of these things sorta like whine-doze stuff. That is more than likely my problem. I did go to console and did "rpm -q xpdf" and the reply is: xpdf-1.01-4mdk . So, it is obviously there. Sorry for my stupidity, again. My main desktop is KDE, but seriously I would use Gnome but since I've been running Linux it seems that Gnome isn't as good as KDE; alot of stuff don't work andwhatever else. But that's another matter.

Sorry to bother on this one. Later. Pepse.

to open xpdf, type xpdf in a terminal, but it should be in your menu, kmenu>apps>text tools, or something like that. If you rt click in konqueror on a .pdf you should have an option to open with xpdf. Acroread is available from texstar.

good rpm search tool

http://rpm.pbone.net/index.php3/stat/2/simple/2

search for acroread (link to testars acroread)

http://rpm.pbone.net/index.php3?idpa=20981...search=acroread