Uninstalling programs

ffi

I just tried making the kaffeine starter plugin and that seems to work, so I´m guessing something is wrong with the makefile?

EDIT: (tried with kaffeine 0.8 too but I get the same error then...)

EDIT2: I tried making the package in Ubuntu with checkinstall it worked there, unfortunately the rpm build in Ubuntu doesn't work in Mandriva; I also tried doing checkinstall from Ubuntu with the build from Mandriva and I get another error.....

Edited by ffi

I've just given this a go on my system, and it fails with a time stamps error. So, not exactly sure how to get checkinstall to work correctly.

I think using rpmbuild could do it, but requires writing spec files manually, unless you can find some spec files on the internet. That way, you could just use rpmbuild, and it would make the rpm ready for you to use. checkinstall is supposed to help assist in the specfile area to make it easier, but no idea how to fix the time stamp error being listed.

• 4 weeks later...

I tried it with postfix, after I'd made it, and it also failed to install it. Yet when I did the make install manually, it all worked perfectly fine.

I'm not sure how valid checkinstall is anymore, and as to why it seems to fail when a make install works perfectly well. I can only think I must be doing something wrong when using checkinstall, but I thought it was just as simple as typing:

checkinstall

instead of make install to get it to work :unsure:

I had success with mplayerplugin but that was the only package that I was able to make with checkinstall. I have a feeling that during the checkinstall an actual install is made which is then undone but the system is not allowing the install because it doesn´t have the priviliges eventhough I´m running checkinstall as root ( I did a make install as user and go the same errors)