Wireless driver for rt2500

Arne

Previously I would get card not working, lock-ups after about 2 hours, and drakroam always said the signal was crap - all of these are now fixed, no more ndiswrapper for me.

I have the same problem, the network icon on the desktop always shows that the signal is crappy but it works just fine. Maybe I have to update my kernel too.

Hello Murda,

The configuration you did, you did it in 'ifcfg-ra0' ...or

I'd test that official linux driver for rt2500 cards too, it gives you a GUI, where you can configure your card and scan for open wireless networks (I don't remember if that driver from serialmonkey has it too). I had great results with this application, but only bad thing is that you have to run it every time you power up your machine.

As I use a A-Link PCMCIA card, here's a link for the driver download at A-Link download site:

A-Link Support - Driver Download

Note that you should drop all security options off from your access point, just for testing (and maybe unplug it from the internet so your neighbours can't use your connection). I still haven't got WPA/PSK working on my laptop, but with MAC address enforcing, it'll do fine for me.

Even windoze driver for this card isn't working properly. I have it on my windoze machine, and my brother has it too. Only difference between this is that I can use it without the application supplied with those drivers (using windoze's own wireless connection wizard) and my brother can't.

As a summary for these forum threads and posts:

Do not buy a wireless card that has rt2x00 chip in it. It will not work properly on any OS these days.