How to copy iso CD to iso CD with k3b?

Arne

Hello Guys,

I want to copy an iso CD to a iso CD using k3b. I have read the The handbook and searched the web and cannot find the right info.

What I have tried so far:

1. Copy using "Clone copy" It doesn't seems to make an iso CD since no md5sum can be made.

2. Copy iso image from the original iso CD. I cannot make k3b to open the CD as file.

3. The only options left as I can see is to copy the original iso CD to the hard disk and the burn a iso CD from the hard disk.

Before I do that, which I think is unnecessary difficult, I ask the forum for tip, please.

Easiest way is to open the folder that the iso is stored, and then right click it and choose k3b-iso and it will allow you to burn the cd image to make the cd as it should be normally.

The actual option within k3b if you have this open first is to choose the Burn CD image option.

You are probably thinking of burning right from one cd in one drive to another in the burner drive. Most linux programs won't do this well for some reason. Anyway. It's best to make an image and burn that anyhow to avoid buffer underruns.

Do you mean copying a CD on the fly?

It's not that difficult, but the two Atapi devices shouldn't be on the same IDE bus, and you have to switch K3B to use cdrdao (instead of cdrecord which is the default), as the latter doesn't support the feature (unless something changed around recently).

Thanks's Guys for quick reply,

cage47.

You got it right, that's what I want to do. So copying the iso CD to a directory on disk, point to that directory in k3b and choose burn CD image is the way to go.

scarecrow.

My CD is on different IDE bus.

ianw1974,

This time you misunderstand, since I am only an old Norwegian my English is not that clear all the time.

When i download linux distro I get a nice header on the hard disk. When I copy a CD content to my hard drive will I get a similar header???????. If not k3b will only ask me to pick one of the files on that directory. Any tip???