Convert wiki to txt

I have searched around, but everything i find seems to run text files to wiki. I am looking for something to convert the other way: wiki to a plain text document. I want to be able to view the text files on my mp3 player.

Any ideas???

Edited by JungMin

I haven't tried either of these to see how feasible they are, but can you not just select all the text on a page and paste it into a text editor?

Some web browsers can save as text too.

Obviously if you're wanting to automate large chunks this isn't going to be appropriate.

There is a perl module to handle Wiki -> different formats, found here:

http://search.cpan.org/dist/Text-WikiForma...t/WikiFormat.pm

But I am no expert in perl, so hopefully, someone can help you write a perl script to do what you wish or if you have the expertise, you can do it yourself.

Yeah, unfortunately i have zero experience in Perl (and only basic programming skills). I have found a few scripts (modules) that can transform wiki´s, but more code needs to be written. And unfortunately i cant do this.

I was hoping there would be something already written.....but its not looking too good.

• 1 month later...

Python HTMLParser is a good API process to convert the HTML into standardouput. HTMLParser will just focus on the div that contains the content and parse everything from there on.

I did some info parsing from a table which then report me back with just the info (pirice) I needed.