rw file attributes

Guest tuzgu05

Guest tuzgu05

Hello,

I have a linux mandrake 8.0 distribution instalated on a pc, and work like a server database. When I want to make a file transfer from a remote pc using a ftp client, the file that I transfer are received only with -rw-r----- attribute, and in the original location are -rw-rw-rw-. In the target directory I setup rwx atributes for all users, but not work. Where are the problems and what change I must make because I need the transfer files to be with the same attributes like originals.

Thank you

I have just done this using gftp as my ftp client. In the options, there is a setting to preserve file permissions when the file is sent across.

This worked, and kept the permissions as -rw-rw-rw-.

What ftp client are you using? You need to find this option and enable it. If your using the cli ftp client, then you need to type "umask 0" before sending the file. Then it will keep the permissions.

OK, you need to find an option then to preserve the file permissions, or be able to find an option to set the "umask 0" option.

If you can't, then you need to change application and use something else to send the files.