need help with sound settings [solved]

cage47

I disabled the onboard sound on my mother board and installed my old pci sound blaster. It has better sound quality and the sound inputs are better. I get feedback on the onboard sound. But now I've come into a little hang up. Since setting up the card (it works fine by the way) my sound settings keep reverting to a default setting. I've set the root sound volume to a certain setting but when I log out and turn off the computer and come back my sound settings are reset to the default. I've gone into my .kde directory and deleted the .kmixrc and .kmixctl files so they will reset to the root settings. But I thing there is another setting somewhere switching it back. I've installed awemix also to try to fix it and no help. Otherwise the sound is fine but I'd like not to have to keep resetting my sound settings. (Oh, it's good old 10.0)

I noticed this once on one of my systems, and it wasn't using alsa for sound but something else, which I can't remember.

What sound services are your system running? I'd be tempted to install alsa and get the sound card configured with this instead, and then you should be OK. I'm not sure how to get the sound settings configured and remembered with your current setup. It could be something like running sndconfig from the command line. I normally use alsaconf though, but sndconfig could be what you need.