Adsl installation via Netcomm NB1300 Plus 4

Ironfighter

Can someone point me to the right ¨how to¨ to set up this device for ADSL. I have an ethernet card that I know can be picked up by MCC but which I have just disabled, and an active ADSL account. I am hoping to share this connection (via ethernet card) with a windows 98 box eventually. I have been round the block a few times with this and decided it was time to call for help. I am posting this via dial up connection on the Linux box. During one of my attempts to get this working Mandrake (10.1) downloaded and installed PPPoe and another package which I can´t recall.

I have been trying to set up via the ethernet card as opposed to usb route. Help! :wall:

Thanks for your reply.

Yes. The description of the unit is - Ethernet/USB ADSL Modem with Integrated router & 10/100 4-port switch¨

It came with a CD containing USB drivers for Win 98/Me/2000/XP & Mac OSX only. However it will run under Linux (see attached specs). http://www.netcomm.com.au/ADSL/adsl.php#NB13004

It can be configured under Windows via a wizard or manually through a browser.

The modems factory defaults are:

LAN IP Address 192.168.11, LAN Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0, DHCP Server - enabled, Main Function - Router(bridge disabled), WAN Connection type: PPPoE LLC, VPI: 8, VCI: 35.

Under Windows it can be set up as USB or Ethernet Modem or USB or Ethernet Gateway router.

Out of interest I did connect it via USB and MCC Hardware picked it up as ¨Unknown other¨

I would go for connecting it via ethernet - usually causes less problems.

If you configure your network card in Linux to obtain an IP address via dhcp, attach it to the adsl device and then restart networking hopefully you should be ready to go.