sane_start: Invalid Argument

rogerh

Warning : Newbie Working to finally get my Epson cs6600 scanner functional - it is a multifunction that is supposed to be Linux supported (why I got it). I am on Mandrake 10.0, and the printer works fine. Loaded the 6600 drivers, and validated functionality via console (user level) comands: sane-find-scanner (fine), and scanimage (fine). Still could not initiate a scan via xsane or kooda. Tried scanimage -T on the console and got

sane_start: Invalid Argument

Any ideas on action to take or diagnostic to use. I think I am sooooooo close, but something is in the way.......

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated -- Roger

Hello, and thanks for the tip. I did check and default user did have scanner group access. I also gave default user root group, with the same result - invalid argument. I did also see that there was a known problem on epson multis, and edited the /etc/sane.d/dll.conf file to comment out net (net -> #net).

Any additional suggestions or diagnostic requests greatly appreciated....

Regards -- Roger

Hello,

One other interesting point.. When I ran image-file-permissions I got the scanner at usb:001:002 and in the hardware configuration tool in the control center it thinks the scanner is at usb:001:003. Not sure if this is an artifact of it being a multifuntion printer/scanner, or if this is actually an issue. If it is an issue, suggestions for a fix would be appreciated. Do I need to delete and reinstall my printer/scanner at this point, now that all of the drivers are supposedly correct??

Thanks -- Roger

Hello,

Newbie looking to upgrade the sane on my Mandrake 10.0 official. Having endless trouble getting at my Epson CX6600 scanner, and think that maybe (hopefully) a newer sane backend version would help...... Is the latest sane backend compatible with Mandrake 10.0? Hate to download it and have it detonate my poor system....

thanks for any input -- Roger