urpmi doesn't go

AleXxiO

the problem is still alive.... :(

i tried without firewall...but nothing....

it blocks at "writing config file /etc/urpmi/urpmi.cfg

[root@alexxiohp alexxio]# urpmi.update -a

Use of uninitialized value in hash element at /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.7/urpm/cfg.pm line 158, <$f> line 17.

Use of uninitialized value in hash element at /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.7/urpm/cfg.pm line 159, <$f> line 18.

Use of uninitialized value in hash element at /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.7/urpm/cfg.pm line 162, <$f> line 19.

Use of uninitialized value in hash element at /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.7/urpm/cfg.pm line 158, <$f> line 20.

syntax error in config file at line 21

Edited by AleXxiO

[root@alexxiohp hotkeys-0.5.7.1]# urpmi.addmedia contrib ftp://ftp.cica.es/pub/Linux/Mandrakelinux...6/media/contrib with media_info/hdlist.cz

supporto contrib aggiunto

scrivi il file di configurazione [/etc/urpmi/urpmi.cfg]

esamino il file synthesis [/var/lib/urpmi/synthesis.hdlist.Installation Free DVD (cdrom1).cz]

recupero il file hdlist (o synthesis) di "contrib"...

ftp://ftp.cica.es/pub/Linux/Mandrakelinux..._info/hdlist.cz

recupero del file hdlist (o synthesis) fallito

non trovo il file hdlist per il supporto "contrib"

esamino il file synthesis [/var/lib/urpmi/synthesis.hdlist.contrib.cz]

problema nel leggere il file synthesis del supporto "contrib"

0 intestazioni trovate in cache

sto rimuovendo 0 intestazioni obsolete in cache

scrivi il file di configurazione [/etc/urpmi/urpmi.cfg]

non riesco ad aggiornare il supporto "contrib"

[root@alexxiohp hotkeys-0.5.7.1]#

up!!!! problems are alive ....via normal ftp i can take files....the problem is in urpmi..

i do not know what the problem is caused from, however same problem for me with 2005le 10.2.:wall:

i have had the same problem on five boxes with three cds all md5sum checked slow burn good media.

i could remove media just would not let me addmedia other than cd or local hard drive. Trying to add media from local network or internet via ftp or http always resulted in errors.

i do not know what makes mandriva or urpmi or networks or linux in general function. i love them all.

Can you install packages via urpmi? i could

There must be a better way than i used. i grabbed smart package manager and all dependencies from mirrors after which several failed installs and more dependencies smart installed. Then configured smart channels via easyurpmi and used it to update mcc. Then configured urpmi media. i believe it was more trouble than just burning a newer version or starting fresh from older version and upgrading from there.

Surely someone at mandrivausers.org can find out why urpmi is not working and how to fix it?

It's working for me, and a lot of people. From the post above, I don't see any problems whatsoever (although I don't read italian).

Maybe the fact it didn't update, because there aren't any updates available in your contrib repository?

The repositories are main, contrib, jpackage, plf-free, plf-nonfree and updates. You only have one it seems from the list above!

I used urpmi to update my system last night, no problems whatsoever. But then I've added ALL mediums that I listed above.

It's working for me, and a lot of people. From the post above, I don't see any problems whatsoever (although I don't read italian).

i do not read Italian either.

i am aware it is working fine for others. Just not for AleXxiO and myself, although i have not used 2005le for some time now.

Maybe the fact it didn't update, because there aren't any updates available in your contrib repository?

sorry i believed his problem was adding media sources not updating. my bad.

The repositories are main, contrib, jpackage, plf-free, plf-nonfree and updates. You only have one it seems from the list above!

sorry again i thought he was getting errors before repositories were were setup. my bad.

I used urpmi to update my system last night, no problems whatsoever. But then I've added ALL mediums that I listed above.

me too.

Edited by Floyd

Can you post the output, of when you try the following command? Please copy and paste everything:

urpmi.update -a

and then I can see what's happening.