Wireless Network Driver?

Guest TrjnBBaller21

Guest TrjnBBaller21

I have a TEW-423PI wireless network card and tried using ndiswrapper and the windows driver from the cd. That didnt work. I also used driverloader for the card and it recognizes the card but wont allow me to connect and shows 1 bar as the signal.... Can anyone please help....either with a driver or a way to make it work with driverloader...thanks

Guest TrjnBBaller21

Thanks but that driver is for a different model and a wired nic card. I need one for mine which is wireless. the wired card in my computer works no problem. well i go to system configurations. then the network tab and click the first choice of adding a new network item. i select wireless adapter and the window comes and says add new driver or use ndiswrapper. i select use ndiswrapper and it tells me to choose a windows driver for it. i select the one on the disk for the card and then it says unable to find the ndiswrapper interface. The other way i tried was by installing driverloader i followed the steps it gave me. Then went to wireless network choice in config. it shows the wireless network i have at the house but with 1 bar signal and wont connect when i click connect

Guest TrjnBBaller21

I'm using Mandriva 2006....i tried using the driver it told me to use on that site...and a message box pops up thats says no device supporting this ndiswrapper is present

Mandriva 2006 Free doesn't have ndiswrapper or madwifi included, this only comes with Powerpack and higher.

Are you using Free or Powerpack? If free, use the ndiswrapper link I posted above.

OK, are you still using the GUI to configure it? Or have you tried the ndiswrapper link I sent and tried it from the command line?

I'd like you to try from the command line, and then post the output you see on screen so we can try and narrow it down a bit. Error messages would be helpful.

Whilst GUI's are great, they lack a lot of information, and I have particularly found it better following the ndiswrapper guides found at the link I posted before. Here it is again:

http://ndiswrapper.sourceforge.net/mediawi...x.php/Main_Page

follow the installation instructions. You don't have to worry about compiling since it's already installed. You need to follow the guides to get it working. So from the installation page, you will be starting with:

ndiswrapper -i filename.inf

where filename.inf is the driver from your Windows XP driver CD for that card.

Is the Wireless Access point using WPA or something that is securing it? Have you configured this?

If not, suggest you try this. Also on the link I provided. However, I'd be tempted to make sure the access point isn't secured with WPA or something, ie, full unsecured access to get it working, and then secure it later following the HOWTO's at the ndiswrapper site.

Guest TrjnBBaller21

there is no restrictions on it....i followed all the steps on that site and it still doesnt work...i'll try it again tomorrow...thanks for all the help though....its much appreciated