Can't Set 75hz Refresh Rate on LCD [solved]

icedragn

im running Mandriva 2006 official, i HAD it working @ 75hz, but i chaged my video card, so since i had nothing to lose i just did a fresh install, installed my nvidia drivers, and still no go.. Why don't they have a 1024x768 @ 75hz LCD as an option? :| like there is, 70/74/76/86 all these weird ones.. but not 75 which i have seen is standard. Can anyone help me? i tried setting it to "50-75" vertical refresh in the xf86 config using "vi", also i have set "50-70" using configure hardware wizard and customizing my display. Someone please help me :)

I hope for an answer to that question too.

I have a Samsung 19" LCD SyncMaster 913v.

In Windows 2000-Pro I can select 75hz for 1280 x 1024 and Samsung's own data says the same, but in Mandriva I can only use 60hz at 1280 x1024.

There is no other option shown except for lower screen settings such as 1024 x 768.

Monitor-edid has correctly identified and selected the monitor so there is no trouble there and in xorg. conf the monitor and its parameters are correctly shown.

If anyone can help, it will be appreciated.

Cheers. John.

60 hz is optimal and totally flicker-free in any LCD screen. It does not seem to matter if you use analog or DVI connector, or both. Why do you want 75Hz in?

Anyway, before picking the resolution, go to MCC and pick the monitor first. Isn't there something like "flat panel 1280x1024 @ 75Hz" listed?

In the generic section of the monitor list you can find all generic flat panels, choose the one with the correct resolution and you'll be fine, you don't need to bother about the refresh rates, they will be configured correctly

as scarecrow said already 60 Hz is sufficient for a LCD

In the generic section of the monitor list you can find all generic flat panels, choose the one with the correct resolution and you'll be fine, you don't need to bother about the refresh rates, they will be configured correctly

as scarecrow said already 60 Hz is sufficient for a LCD

like i said above, and i guess have to say again, their ISN'T a selection for 1024x768 @ 75hz, there is 70/74/76... Also, i dont know much about lcd's but my screen is blurry at 60/70, it is only clear at 75hz... does that mean it needs repairs? this stupid thing is brand new so i have 3 yr warranty left on it, it's blurry in windows too @ 60/70hz, should i RMA it?

I don't understand why its blurry, really... I use a 19" LCD (branded as TEAC, factly it's a Sanyo panel) for more than one year, and the display is just fine at 60Hz. I can push it at 75 Hz, but there's no pic improvement (both under Linux- too many distros to mention here- and Windows), I just stress my videocard a bit that way.

I just have to keep both the analog and DVI connectors on, and with most Linux distros (including LiveCD's) I don't have framebuffer at all, but this is a problem of my Nvidia FX5200 card, not the monitor's.

Now, back to your config: What happens if you pick 74 Hz? If it works then fine, but as I said before I do not believe that you'll have any picture improvement.

The auto button calibrates for the timing / synchronisation of the analog video signal.

The windows 2k logoff screen, and previously the kde logoff screen, that were dotted black and desktop pixels, where perfect for this calibration.

I actually have an issue at work with a 75 Hz and flicker on an LCD.... 60Hz is a better fit for most LCD panels, afaik...