winmodem

hirohitosan

In 10.1 the "ltmodem" RPM's were Club-only, so I guess it shouldn't work out-of-the-box.

In 2006 I think there are nor "ltmodem" RPM's anymore, as the driver is part of the new kernel.

Notice that not all Lucent/Agere winmodems will work with that driver- checkout the link by Devries for more information.

I tried everything. mdk 10.1 doesnt recognize the modem. I tried with ltmodem but it doesnt work

I do this:

# ./autoload81

The modem symbolic link is: /dev/modem -> ttyS0

This will conflict with support for the Lucent modem.

Please : rm -f /dev/modem

and assign another symbolic link to ttyS0, such as:

ln -s ttyS0 /dev/modem2

Then rerun: ./autoload81

Aborting on this trial.

# rm -f /dev/modem

# ln -s ttyS0 /dev/modem2

# ./autoload81

The installation ENVIRironment cannot be identified!

If you cannot resolve the problems, please send /BLDrecord.txt to discuss@linmodems.org

I send a message to discuss@linmodems.org but the adress has permanent error

I don't know what can I do next

To cut short a long story:

You can get the necessary files and instructions for all supported Lucent/Agere winmodems here

Most likely you will need kernel-source installed before being able to compile the driver.

Since many chipsets aren't supported, it's wise at first identifying your chipset by using the diagnostic tool

I don't have a ltmodem anymore, but I had no trouble building the necessary modules for it in my previous Acer laptop (and anyway my fav distro, Arch Linux, had ready-to-use precompiled modules for the default stock distro kernel).

• 2 months later...
In 2006 I think there are nor "ltmodem" RPM's anymore, as the driver is part of the new kernel.

Can you please elaborate on this? I have 2006 installed, the modem driver does not appear to be available in the distro (urpmi cannot find it, even after adding all the contrib and plf sources from easyurpmi), I can't built from the heby-page instructions because the kernel sources are 2.6.12-15mdk whereas the only kernel package is 2.6.12-12 and the kernel-sources will make it mdkcustom anyway, and even then, the module built fails to load due to "unknown symbol inter_module_get"!!!!

I'm at my wits end here ;)

if there is an ltmodem module binary built for 2006 CE, please, someone, share?

I'm running the same kernel as my source, which is kernel-2.6.12.15.

You could upgrade your kernel to the newer version using:

urpmi kernel-2.6.12.15mdk

then you shouldn't have a problem compiling against the source versus kernel. As per my previous post here:

https://mandrivausers.org/index.php?showtop...ndpost&p=222733

I was running kernel 2.6.12.14 and the same source, but I just updated this morning.

I'm not sure what you mean by the only kernel package is 2.6.12.12.