2006 [solved]

janet.doe

Ok, I installed mandriva 2006 free yesterday and again today. There is a little problem (ok, it's a big problem :angry: ) can't use either firefox or thunderbird. When I try to launch thunderbird or firefox (those that comes with mandriva 2006) my whole computer gets messed up and all that helps is taking power of the computer. Then if I get rid of those that came with 2006 and download newer versions I can't get them working, from ksysguard I see that firefox is running, but it's not. What can I do? Oh, I'm using mozilla now and this works just fine. And just now, when I'm writing this I got an error message that says that kded server went down - second time I see this message today. Please help me, I don't know what to do. Thanks.

Edited by janet.doe

Ther are updates (already) for Mandriva tools. Before doing anything else, I would install the updates.

Did you run md5sum on the iso's prior to burning? Are you using good media and burning at slower speeds? Your description sounds like a bad burn/download to me. I have not had any trouble with firefox thru the release candidates and on the final. You could always download the firefox rpm from the mirrors and then install that rpm. But this would only work if my suspicions of a bad burn/download were true.

md5sums are ok and I burned with 4x speed. with these same cd's my friend installed mandi to a laptop and everything works fine there. And updates I have installed too. Tried to install firefox from rpm, but it's not working no matter what I do. Maybe I'll install again tomorrow and if this doesn't start working I'll go back to 2005... If any ideas please let me know. Thanks.