No More LiveCD How-to?

yochenhsieh

Has anyone successfully made a Live-CD from Mandriva 2006?

Currently the *only* working Live-CD based on Mandriva 2006 is MCNLive, but there is no How-to at http://www.rainbowlinux.org , nor any new version of mklivecd package which used by MCNLive released.

If the MCNTeam used a customized mklivecd script to make their distro, shouldn't they at least release the diff patch?

Have you asked them about it? I know that anna, a user who frequents MUB, has done work with live distros. You could pm her and ask about this as well.

Has anyone successfully made a Live-CD from Mandriva 2006?

Currently the *only* working Live-CD based on Mandriva 2006 is MCNLive, but there is no How-to at http://www.rainbowlinux.org , nor any new version of mklivecd package which used by MCNLive released.

If the MCNTeam used a customized mklivecd script to make their distro, shouldn't they at least release the diff patch?

I don't have the time to write a howto for MDV 2006. Nor to answer the many emails I am getting. There won't be a howto the next months. And I am tired of being the (free-beer) personal helpdesk for people all over the world.

All scripts are included in MCNLive.

Also, the cvs of mklivecd should work. If you have questions or problems, you should ask the developers of the mklivecd scripts.

--chris

ps: hi Mysti an Ix :-)) Sometimes I wish I never started building LiveCD's, sigh. Meanwhile people just expecting that they get a recipe within a few days after a MDV release. For free, of course.

Edited by anna

anna, just send the people here. Then they can fight it out, provided people here don't send the inquisitive to you ;)

I get some email but usually send people here (after giving some info into the right direction to solve their issues, if I know where to look for a solution), they usually manage.

I don't have the time to write a howto for MDV 2006. Nor to answer the many emails I am getting. There won't be a howto the next months. And I am tired of being the (free-beer) personal helpdesk for people all over the world.

All scripts are included in MCNLive.

Also, the cvs of mklivecd should work. If you have questions or problems, you should ask the developers of the mklivecd scripts.

--chris

Sorry, I wasn't meant to offend you.

Thanks for all the information you provided, I will try the cvs again later.