Samba Problem

Magikx21

I'm having a problem displaying the network through Samba. It will list all the workgroups and shares fine when my pc is running through a land line but when running wireless I have to mount my shares manually. Even if I try to mount a bookmarked share it refuses to work unless I use the manual mount feature. I'm currently having this problem on Mandriva 2006 but I also had the problem on 2005 LE. Is there anyway I can adjust this so I can view the network using wireless?

[moved from Software by spinynorman]

Could it be that your wireless networking is started later than the wired one? Thus when the automatic mounting of the shares is attempted the network isn't availale and it fails - meaning they need to be manually mounted.

I guess the answer is to move the starting of wireless networking earlier in the init process - I'm not really sure how to do this but it gives you something to google for (unless someone else knows how).

I went through that post and it doesn't say anything about the problem I am having.

I realise it doesn't mention the problem you're having. It's an FAQ for setting up samba, and it may be that if your samba isn't set up correctly, it may be the reason why you have the problem you have.

Then again, it might not, but worth checking out and make sure the steps have been followed, and configured correctly.