I Need Help

Guest dragon36

Guest dragon36

It Is a Wireless Usb Adapter

I Thought I Tried Ndiswrapper And Got It But There Are So Many Guides On How To Do It I Don't Know Which One Is The Right One To Use!!!!

Edited by dragon36

The best guides I've followed are here:

Main Page - http://ndiswrapper.sourceforge.net/mediawi...x.php/Main_Page

Installation - http://ndiswrapper.sourceforge.net/mediawi...hp/Installation

If having problems, make sure you're access point is not secured with WPA etc, so that it's completely open. Test and see if it's all working, then secure it and then make small changes to allow your connection to work with the security.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest dragon36

I am haveing problems trying to get my motorola wu830g usb network adapter working with mandriva linux 2006 i am very new to linux and mandriva. i seen so many things on ndiswrapper i am lost and don't know where to start so if someone could please help me out anyway i would really appreciate it.... i want to use mandriva and i really like it, but if i can't get my wireless adapter to work with it i really have no reason to have it but to play games with.

thanks if you need my email address to walk me through some stuff ask for it

THANKS!!!!

Guest dragon36

yes i went through step by step and still can't get it to work but i get an error after i uninstalled ndiswrapper and reinstalled the newest version through the 1.5.tar version

really long error pretty much saying something about missing ndiwrapper.pm in a bunch of folders

Edited by dragon36

Guest dragon36

Is there a way to do a snapshot or something then bring it up on windows xp?

i dual boot mandriva 2006 and windos xp on the same drive if not is there a more simple way other then writting it down then typeing it all out????

Guest dragon36

well there was no way for me to save it as a text file so the only other way i thought i could do it is through a screenshot so here it is thatnks for all your help so far

post-12675-1131420706_thumb.jpg

I don't tend to do it this way, I do it all from the CLI prompt using the document links I gave you previously.

I've no idea on this error message or to suggest where you go next, but try using the CLI terminal instead. Or if you have already done this, hopefully someone will be able to suggest something else regarding this error.