Linux + Router [solved]

link_

HiHo...

I have a mandriva 2005 LE Linux Box with apache, mysql, php teamspeak2 and counterstrike source server... The local ip is 192.168.0.X ...

thast because of my router... so i have a netgear router and the linux box gets local ip from router... on the linux box i have a standard network interface (Wake on lan)..

So i forwareded my router-ports to the ip of my local linux box...

it allworks fine... everything can be reached... !!

BUT

there are alot of small interrupts/timeouts... its not like a total crash... its just it worjks 5 minuts without problems... u can connect etc and then there is 30 secs timeout and everythings is timing out...

then without doing anything 1 minute later it works again....

I have also shorewall installed but opebnd the ports needed... the iptables i have deactivated.. so why are thos lags/timeouts from tie to time ?

PLZ HELP!!

THX

:afro:

my windows xp workstation does not get timeouts.. (Same network)...

but latly... since a few days it happens that my router freezes... im nearly sure it ash sumthign todo with my router... with freezing i mean 1 or more local pcs do not get any more packets from the router and have timeouts until the router gets rebooted...

the linux amchine never had total loss of connection... just some more shorter timeouts... strange stuff... and yes i have a dyndns... but a static just for a nice dns name instead of the ip and my router is Netgear RP614 v3... i ahev port-forwarding but port trigegring disabled... i ahev activated the dns servicewith wildcard enabled..

and my router has a static ip too..... i mean my isp gave me a static ip ... no dynamic...

anyone have suggestions what i can try ?! and whats MRU ?

i have spi acivated and MTU 1500 bytes

thx

:thanks:

Edited by link_

MTU = Maximum transferred units

MTU = Maximum received units

These two values handle the amount of data that can be received with one ping. If the value is set too high, the connection might break. If it is too low, some pages might not be properly displayed... It's a mess. I had to adjust these once on a router and it was a pain in the #§*$%!

Have you tried resetting the router? I found that doing this olves similar problems in ~75% of cases.

hey thx for all ya replies i solved it... it was a dns problem... since im using a static dns and no dynamic, there is no need to enter a dns into the router settings... since the dns is pointing to the ip anywayz and the router does not need to update the ip to the dns... so i simpyl disabled it and now there are no mroe timeouts... i guess packages always got lost while the router tried to update the ip to dyndns.org or so....

peace

;)