Mandrake 10 on Acer Laptop

Guest dsumedh

Hey,

i recently purchased a Acer 4151LCi laptop (1.6Ghz p4-m, 915 chipset).

i am trying to install mandrake 10 with the 3 cd pack..

after booting, i get the prompt where i can optionally provided parameters b4 install

but what happens is, the it reports saying that No CD found, and asks me for floppy,etc where the image could be..

can any1 please suggest a solution..or point out wht the exact problem is...thanks!

--> sumedh

• 4 weeks later...
Guest mdkfan
Well actually, the first cd is booting...as i said, it cannot install from it. i have installed on my desktop using the same cds quite successfully!

come on guys, some body say something here. i have the same problem with the same laptop. anyway, acer is not good choice for linux users.

:evilmod::devil: ACER :devil::evilmod:

well, my Travelmate 4150NLCi does not work with Mdk " 10.2 ' 10.1 , Suse 9.3 pro , ubuntu , Fedora core 4 and knoppix 3.7” . Unsolvable issues till now I am trying to install mdk 10.2, 2005 LE

LE2005 should be fine for that type of machine, with I915 support. There is a dri-I915.....rpm available from Intel's website, which I had to use with MDK 10.1 Official on my laptop, even though mine is an I810 based adapter. But you shouldn't have to do this with LE2005 unless really necessary.

Hey,

i recently purchased a Acer 4151LCi laptop (1.6Ghz p4-m, 915 chipset).

i am trying to install mandrake 10 with the 3 cd pack..

after booting, i get the prompt where i can optionally provided parameters b4 install

but what happens is, the it reports saying that No CD found, and asks me for floppy,etc where the image could be..

can any1 please suggest a solution..or point out wht the exact problem is...thanks!

--> sumedh

dude try this out, it works for me . In the prompt command press F2 . then type the following command

: "alt0" for 2.6 kernel or "alt1" for 2.4 kernel , This will detect ur CDROM. good luck