Latest Windows updates in XP

Ixthusdan

I just ran 8 updates to my xp installation, all released on August 5. The updates wiped lilo! Or at least they rendered it non-working. Does this means that windows has entered a new era of cooperation? :lol:

I will also note that I recently went to aquire some updates for a server I work with, and windows checked the registration code of the machine I was on before giving me the updates. Windows has not changed its stance, despite the recent press. They are getting meaner. So now we know why they are getting linux folks on staff! I can hardly wait for the "trusted computing" thrust that they will slip out with their new release. Look out.

Well, i'm probably completely off base on this one. :woops: Upon further investigation, my linux drive was not registering in the bios. I re-arranged the power leads (I have them sharing fans) and now the drive is back and so is linux. It must have been a coincidence.

Conspiracy theory, anyone? B)

Guest Adriano

It says "en archè en o lògos". Which is greek to me. But arch- means old, ancient, and logos means wisdom or word. Knowing Ix a bit, I'd bet it's "in the beginning was the word".

Edited by Adriano

So "In the begining, there was the word" is probably a fair translation - and probably what Ix means...

Actually, this phrase is the very first one of the John Gospel. In latin it was translated as "In Principio Erat Verbum" which will sound more familiar to many.

Priests like to translate it as "In The Beginning there was the Holy Spirit", but it is quite out of context.

Edited by scarecrow

"In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God and God was the Word." John 1:1, and that is how i translate it. B)