browser [solved]

satelliteuser083

Mozilla is on the CD-ROMs you installed the OS from. Open MCC and click on Software Manager.------------> Install new software and scroll down to find Mozilla.

You do not really need broad band to download Mozilla because it is only about 45mbs anyway.

Out of curiousity, what is it you dislike about Firefox ???. I haven´t heard that before only that some ¨preferred¨ some other browser.

You can get this function by clicking Extensions in Firefox and downloading an extension I think is called Restore. It is one of hundreds of functions you can give to Firefox. That is the great thing about Firefox, you can have the functions you want and not some arbitary list made by someone else.

Since you have Firefox installed, I think you will also find that you already have Mozilla installed.. I am possitive Mozilla is on your DVD. It has been in EVERY one of the Mandrivas for the past years.

Cheers. John.

Thanks John. I did as you suggested, went to Extensions in Firefox but couldn't find anything called Restore. Also checked for Mozilla being installed in 10.2 by using MCC -> Software Management -> Uninstall but could only find Mozilla Firefox (which I assume is the one that I am currently using).

Since you have Firefox installed, I think you will also find that you already have Mozilla installed..

Nope, Firefox does not require Mozilla and installs independantly. Having it in no way implies having Mozilla.

But Mozilla has been on ever Mandrake CD/DVD... since... forever. :deal:

There's nothing to do... just restart firefox, and you are done. The sole sessionsaver setting is a box for restoring your previous section after a new browser startup, which is ticked by default... you can always customize tha thing after firing Firefox by Tools/extensions and rightclicking the "sessionsaver" entry.

There's nothing to do... just restart firefox, and you are done. The sole sessionsaver setting is a box for restoring your previous section after a new browser startup, which is ticked by default... you can always customize tha thing after firing Firefox by Tools/extensions and rightclicking the "sessionsaver" entry.

Nothing is as simply as it should be :-(. In Tools -> Extensions the box is empty, so I assume that the downloaded file is residing in the wrong place (currently my Home dir). Do you know offhand where it has to go?

If you had downloaded the extension via Firefox then Firefox would know where it resides. All you do is then close Firefox then reopen it and again go to Tools ....Extensions and it should be in the list. Then you can highlight it and go into Options at the bottom of the Extensions Menu. Doing it the Firefox way is easy.

If you do not do it the Firefox way then you are simply making difficulties for yourself unnecessarily.

Cheers. John.