Hauppauge WinTV Card

neonsox

HI group,

I'm new and have a few tweaks to iron out in Linux. One of them is CPU throttling (another topic) and another is this TV card. I've read through the documentation on how to set it up and it confuses me. Windows reports the card as "BrookTree WinTV PAL B-G" but the website refers to it as the Hauppauge WinTV-GO PCI board with the 878 board design.

Well whatever it is, I can't get it to work in Mandrake 10.1 Official. Can anybody tell me where to begin or some command-line stuff I can use to figure things out?

Thanks in advance.

• 6 months later...
Guest sprinthead

I have one of these TV cards, and THE best TV app to use by far, is TV Time ! Simply su to root, and do a urpmi tvtime , install the package, and watch it magically appear in the Mandy menu. Fire up TV Time, and voila ! it simply works !!

Hope that helps !

Oh by the by ... this card absolutely SUCKS in Windows with the Hauppauge software ( I use KastorTV in Win ! ). It works waaaay better in Linux ... plus it's easier and quicker to setup in Lin than Win !! Go figure !