10.1 install stops after language selection

Guest Mandrakenovice

hello and welcome aboard. :)

could you please give us some information on your hardware? this would help us a lot.

when you downloaded the cds ( i guess you downloaded them), did you make a md5sum check to verify that the file wasn't corrupt? maybe you also got a bad burn. this happens quite often, when people burn the images at maximum speed. reducing the burn-speed often solves such problems.

oh... and unplug all unnecessary devices when trying to install (e.g. usb-devices).

Also, run the install with no acpi.

At the boot splash, hit F1, and type "linux noapci" on the command line. Then continue as usual.

Also, check your BIOS for a Plug and Play OS settings, and make sure this is not set to be controlled by the OS. Choose the other option, which is most likely Off/Disable.

Another thing, you could try is pressing F1 and typing:

linux noapic

Guest Mandrakenovice

My hardware:

CPU: Amd athlon 64 3000+

MB: Via k8t800

MEM: 2x512mb DDR

HDD: 250GB SATA150

VGA: Radeon 9600XT 256MB

My current operating system is Windows XP home Edition. And yes I have downloaded cds. I didn't check files with md5sum because I don't know how I should do that. If I would try again to burn slower but with rw cds would that cause problems?

ianw1974: I didn't find a Plug and Play OS settings from my bios.

First, try booting from the CD and pressing F1 and typing one of the following to see if it gets you going:

linux noapic

linux noacpi

linux noapic nolapic

linux noapic ide=nodma

or combinations of the above together.

Then if you still have probs, you can burn to RW CD's, but try at a slower speed, say 4x when burning. Then try booting again from the newly created disks.

Guest Mandrakenovice

Yippee, now it works and I can continue. Thanks for all of u. I will ask if I have any issues problems in future. :D

Edited by Mandrakenovice