3ddesktop being sketchy

Riddler

I'm a noob on Mandrake 9.0 and running blackbox.

I installed all the dependencies and 3ddesktop but when I run the 3ddesk --acquire=700 or 3ddeskd --acqurie=700 or 500 or just 3ddesktop or just 3ddesk every time the screen goes black and I have to hit ctrl + alt+ bck space to relogon what could be the problem?

any assistance is greatly qppreciated.

Thanks

I use kde, but 3ddesktop crashed the first time I ran it, everytime. It would then function normally. I found that upgrading to kde 3.1 rc6 stopped the crashes. I don't know what that means for blackbox. I do know that your video drivers must be working well. I am not much help.

Damn Newbies.....:)

He has a GeForce2 MX. he has the latest version of the Nvidia drivers, and all dependencies are filled.

We can't seem to get to tthe bottom of this one. I had it running on an identical machine not 2 weeks prior.

interesting note...viewing the readme (http://desk3d.sourceforge.net/README) it appears as if blackbox is not officially supported (it's not even mentioned), although fluxbox is-oddly enough. have you tried it under a different WM? i use waimea (not supported), and it can't seem to pick up more than one desktop.

fluxbox installed which I have found to be a pain.l

if you need help w/fluxbox, just post your issues. but...

http://www.rpmfind.net//linux/RPM/cooker/c...-3mdk.i586.html

there's a link to an rpm of the latest version of fluxbox. although, it is cooker, but i doubt you'll find any issues w/it.