Toshiba Utiliities

cage47

Well I've pieced a Toshiba Satellite 4080xcdt. It's working great now I got a good hard drive in it. And Mandrake 10.0 is working fine. It was a toss up between Mandy 10.0 and Debian Woody. But Mandy handled my usb better. But I'm trying to get toshiba utils setup. I found a mandrake rpm online downloaded it but can't find it anywhere on the computer. Only a small doc read me file. No executables. I think it needs the toshiba kernel module but not sure what it's called to modprobe it. Am I on the right track? Anyone else have the toshiba utils working on a Toshiba laptop and how did you get them working. I know they will work because in my test install when I first got the machine working I installed Woody and it includes the toshutils and they worked great, including suspend.

As a side note I also had a small annoyance where the sound settings in kmix wouldn't return when I rebooted. As long as I stayed logged in or in that session it was fine but on reboot the settings went back to default which were too low to hear. I ended up installing aumix and now my sound settings stay.