How to install it?

Guest Kero_1116

Are you trying to same any data on this system?

Doesn't winXP have its own boot loader? I don't have it so I don't know for sure.

What partitions in your setup are used for what? You need to find room first in order to install linux.

You can loose boot magic because Lilo does the same job.

Does all of your hardware work with linux? Look up everything first. You might find that half of your stuff doesn't work.

can lilo go to my other boot-loader boot magic?
No, but bootmagic can go to lilo/grub. I had probs with lilo but ran grub with bootmagic without flaw for 6 to8 mths. How to do it is in the bootmagic/partition magic docs. You make the windows partition (first partition on master hd) the active (default) partition in bootmagic and then disable bootmagic. This makes a bkup of the partition table. If not installed, install mandrake with an expert install by pressing F1 at the first screen of the install and at the second screen type expert. When you are asked where to install the bootloader, choose the root partition of linux ( / ), not the mbr. This basically makes the install of linux useless until you add it to bootmagic. Also make a bootdisk at the end of the install. Should bootmagic have a prob, you can still get into mandrake with the bootdisk.

Just noticed on the first page of the thread the screenshot of the hd. My success was with win98 and fat32 partitions. You might want to google and read the docs to be sure that there're no issues with NTFS. Although I don't see why there would be, I just thoght I'd mention it.