Gnome features missing? [solved]

lawsonrc

It's been quite a while that I have used Gnome, and now that it has matured I want to give it a try again. I liked the fact that Gnome had some features similar to Mac OSes prior to MacOSX. However, I find that two features I used to enjoy seem to be missing.

First, the application switcher (Windows list manager?) on the top panel in the far right corner is no longer there. I really liked that because if my cursor was near the top of the screen, it was easier to open a minimized window from there rather than going to the taskbar on the bottom panel.

Also, I find that I can no longer "roll-up" a window, sometimes called window shade.

Is my memory a little fuzzy on these two features, are they "hidden" somewhere, or have they been discontinued?

Richard

[moved from Software by spinynorman]

Thanks Adriano,

I found it just as you were posting your reply. :thanks:

Richard

PS. All problems solved! :banana:

I just found the application switcher...called "Window Selector". It is no longer on the top panel by default, by it is in the list of items that can be added to the top panel.

Edited by lawsonrc