how to get a soundbite to play?

kristi

it says no suitable plugin available

Try building the plugin from source and follow the install instructions on the mplayerplug-in site (link in a previous post)

I did try that but became frustrated at the point of it not finding mozilla-plugins, so I went back to MCC and uninstalled mplayer and reinstalled mplayer plus about everything related including plugins. It put the plugins in /usr/lib/mozilla I copied them to /usr/lib/mozilla-firefox-1.0.2 keeping the plugin and the component separate. I then cranked up firefox and BBC and video worked immediately (chosing windows media). I then checked that language site but it would not work as it was trying to go through mplayer. I found that MP3 had been automatically checked, so unchecked it. Now the language site worked. I then went back to BBC and tried an audio and it specified realplayer (they do that). It played fine with no change and is playing through rp. However it automatically re-put-a-checkmark for MP3 (in firefox/edit/preferences so when I went back to the language site, it tried to play it through mplayer again. So I need to either find a way to get it to play through mplayer correctly, or leave it's hands off the MP3 checkmark, or just change it manually each time , which is not a big deal.

Kristi

EDIT - I believe mplayer is truncating the first 1/2 second or so - where can I configure the mplayer plugin? tia

Edited by kristi