Mandrake 10.1 and Linmodem

Guest satch56

Guest satch56

I have a lucent LT Modem working under kppp and Mandrake 10.1 The modem connects to the internet and I can only browse pages if eth0 is disabled. Does any one know if there is a work around for this problem. I cannot print if on the internet as i have a networked printer. :thanks:

It is a limitation of the drivers, ethernet can interfere with the modem. If you search through the ltmodem mailing list you may find a solution, or it may be a wild goose chase.

Sorry I can't be much help other than to nicely say RTFM :D

If you only need the network port for printing, perhaps you could print to postscript whilst you're on the web, then when you've finished browsing send the postscript file to your printer.

Guest satch56
It is a limitation of the drivers, ethernet can interfere with the modem. If you search through the ltmodem mailing list you may find a solution, or it may be a wild goose chase.

Sorry I can't be much help other than to nicely say RTFM  :D

If you only need the network port for printing, perhaps you could print to postscript whilst you're on the web, then when you've finished browsing send the postscript file to your printer.

Thanks for you help, I've been printing to file for a fudge fix, I'll keep triing if I can resolve I'll post results.

Thanks satch56