WYSIWIG HTML Program for Linux

ral

I know you are looking for a very similar solution to Mozilla Composer, and I don't know of such a program - but if you force yourself to do the code yourself, you will be amazed at how much better your pages will become.

Plus you can use CSS :wink:

My favourite editors (Quanta is on top):

Quanta Plus, Blue Fish, Screem (all on MDK cds)

Coffeecup HTML editor (free from www.cofeecup.com)

Guest BoyEnjinir

IBM Websphere is excellent. I know it's not free, but it is worth the money (used to be ~$100, but I think it's probably cheaper than that now). Good place to support vendors writing software for Linux. I got it when it was free and am considering upgrading to the new version. Looks like it is more stable and has a slightly cleaner interface. (My version was free because it was the beta version. That's also why it is not so stable -- crashes like a windows program.)

The answer is no.

I have searched high and low.

I use WSAD (Websphere studio application developer) at work, and its ok, but I'm not a huge fan of Eclipse, so I don't really like it. But BoyEnjinir is right, it does have a visual html/jsp editing component.

But, also, everyone else that responded is right too... and you probably already know this... as unattractive as it sounds, writing the code in a text editor is the best way to do it, and there are some great options for doing it. My favorite is Netbeans (www.netbeans.org). It's free, has a built in tomcat test environment, and is just so friggin awesome I can write about it without tearing up... Bottom line, you can test your code changes immediately in the tomcat environment, so its the next best thing to wysiwyg.

Good luck. And if you find anything, let me know.

Personally I always load my old Netscape 4.7 along with whatever mozilla I'm using. I use Mozilla for my regular web browsing/mail/news but use Netscape for web page editing. I find Mozilla's composer doesn't handle links too well. I build most of the page in Mozilla and switch to Netscape to handle the links. A little of a pain but it works. Hoping they can clean that up in the new release.