dsl - mandrake 10.1

curtis e. bear

does anyone know what i need to do to get my att dsl to work with mandrake 10.1? I won't run through a router, but this (my server needs to connect directley to the internet for the rest of my lan to work). ATT is no help because they do not supposedley support linux. If i can't figure this out, i'll have to resort to 2003 advanced server and i really don't want to.

Moved from Software to Networking - Artificial Intelligence

Edited by Qchem

as long as you have a dsl-modem that works with linux and all relevant data from your isp (no aol-crap, where there ain't a real password and user-suffix etc), you can use the network-wizard in order to create a network connection. then, of yourse you will need some network-cards in order to connect all computers.

Yeah, i've tried that, but when i choose IDSN or whatever that is (in mcc and then under network, then add connection) I go through the setup and it asks me if i'm using an internel or external, i chose external, then it asks me what com port the modem is on... I attempted the same physical setup on a windows box as well, and that didn't work either, so i called tech support and they just said that i need to use the install cd that i got with the internet/modem. So if the problem is the same with windows and linux, what does that mean? I can't use the cd because that only works with windows. I'm sorry if i'm rambling, but i just want this to start working .

Edited by curtis e. bear

You can pick a random provider, just make sure the connection method is correct, and check the vci/vpi settings if you use pppoa.

I'll probably add a "Unlisted - edit manually" entry in the provider list for 10.2