RE: Error when compiling ROTT Source Code

Relic2K

I have been trying for days to get the ROTT source code compiled, I had all the proper SDL packages installed, but still unable to compile the code in order to get the Retail game working. Here is the error I get when I run the "make" command with both CVS and Release code;

fx_man.c:1161: warning: implicit declaration of function `Mix_PausedMusic'

fx_man.c:1162: warning: implicit declaration of function `Mix_ResumeMusic'

fx_man.c: In function `MUSIC_Pause':

fx_man.c:1170: warning: implicit declaration of function `Mix_PauseMusic'

fx_man.c: In function `MUSIC_StopSong':

fx_man.c:1183: warning: implicit declaration of function `Mix_HaltMusic'

fx_man.c:1186: warning: implicit declaration of function `Mix_FreeMusic'

fx_man.c: In function `MUSIC_PlaySongROTT':

fx_man.c:1237: warning: implicit declaration of function `Mix_LoadMUS'

fx_man.c:1237: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a cast

fx_man.c:1242: warning: implicit declaration of function `Mix_PlayMusic'

fx_man.c: In function `MUSIC_FadeVolume':

fx_man.c:1292: warning: implicit declaration of function `Mix_FadeOutMusic'

fx_man.c: In function `MUSIC_FadeActive':

fx_man.c:1299: warning: implicit declaration of function `Mix_FadingMusic'

fx_man.c:1299: `MIX_FADING_OUT' undeclared (first use in this function)

make: *** [fx_man.o] Error 1

Any ideas why this is happening ?

hmmmm Funny that ppl have have it running, but I am not a programmer either, will email error to icculus and team and see what they say. Thanks.

you must be missing a header then. the header might be in your partition but it couldnt be seen by the compiler. this usually happens when the header is from a rpm package and the installation hasnt updated the variable used to search for header files. or something.

im ashamed that im a programmer and i dont know these things for certain. :oops:

ciao!

missing header is most likely or you have the wrong version of the header file/library

Had the same probs with libsndfile with an older program there was an api change in the newer lib that mandrake had, had to remove it and install an older version to work (even though i had the rigth header file by name it had different function names so wouldnt work).

Looks like SDL_mixer.h in your case

You need to make sure the SDL_mixer.h and its corresponding library file are the right version and the compiler is looking for them in the right place.

libSDL_mixer1.2-devel libSDL_mixer1.2 are the mandrake 9.0 versions you have these?

After playing around with the SDL src RPMs I finally got the ROTT CVS to compile properly so that it will play the retail, but now an even bigger problem as come up (Friggin Bloatware Problem). I was attempting to install the Retail on my wifes XP puter, but the installer will not run in XP. I downloaded the Shareware 1.3 just to make sure it had not gone corrupt on me, but even the Shareware will not install in XP. Anyone know why this is ?

After playing around with the SDL src RPMs I finally got the ROTT CVS to compile properly so that it will play the retail, but now an even bigger problem as come up (Friggin Bloatware Problem). I was attempting to install the Retail on my wifes XP puter, but the installer will not run in XP. I downloaded the Shareware 1.3 just to make sure it had not gone corrupt on me, but even the Shareware will not install in XP. Anyone know why this is ?

My guess: because XP sucks ass and Microsoft couldn't give two shits about backward compatability. But that's just a guess, and it's probably wrong.