Logitech Mx1000

phunni

I just bought a shiny new mouse - an mx100 from logitech.

Seems really great so far - although I am using a very generic setup for X (xorg). I've googled around for ways to get the best out of the mouse and not found any really clear instructions. A few plaes have mentioned evdev (which I have available as a module), but I haven't been able to do anything with it.

Is anyone able to point me in the right direction at all?

devries: if you need a really good mouse, believe me, it's worth every penny :). The last box I built cost me around 600UKP, and I spent 70UKP of that on the mouse (an MX700, when they were new). Don't regret it at all. Now if only I could find a DC adapter that would let me use it here in Canada...sigh.

Devries: I'd alrteady seen that article and thought it looked helpful. The only area I stumble on is where says to patch the X Server. Obviously I can download the patches, but I'm not certain where i need to run them from. I know from attempts (with varying results :D ) at patching the kernel that sometimes the location where the patch is run can make all the difference...