Mandrake Update

mikey_111

I seem to have strange behavior in my mandrake update

I have double entries for the same software, when I run update with one of the listed servers.

the files look the same except one is bigger than the other. and if I select them to install

it says everything allready installed.

I reloaded the list and they still show up.

Any Idea?

mikey_111

forgot, useing MDK 8.2

I abandoned Mandrake Update in favour of direct download of the updates from the mirror. There is an extensive list of mirrors to choose from. My choice is http://ftp.sunet.se because it gives me good download speed particularly in the Eastern Time Zone in N.A. Downloading to a directory on the /home partition allows me to save them and reinstall in the event of a catastrophic failure requiring a reinstall. Mandrake Update does not save the files after an update.

Counterspy

It's true, Mandrake update is not all that good. I do it the hard way by manually picking my updates. I am not real big on mass updating Mandrake, as I've had problems come up in the past when I do it that way.

Ixthusdan wrote:

It's true, Mandrake update is not all that good. I do it the hard way by manually picking my updates. I am not real big on mass updating Mandrake, as I've had problems come up in the past when I do it that way.

You right and thank you for the tips.

My computer runing very nice with the new motherboard know I will install mandrake 9.0 on feb.03.

ciao