parallel port problem/ can't install my printer

darwin

I've upgraded my box from MDK 10.0 to 10.1 and now i can't print anything !

On MDK 10 i used to print very well but now it's impossible.

In the MDK control center i've deleted my printer to try to reinstall it and cups couldn't find anything.

The problem is that i've not any /dev/lp entries .

how can i have these entries and how can i reinstall my printer. (it's a LaserJet 1100).

Thanks in advance.

I am not in my Mandrake box right now, so it's basically a guess. Check whether the parallel port module is loaded. If it is not, load it and then rerun printerdrake. (The thing is, I forgot the name of the module for parallel port, but I'm sure you can search for it yourself, or someone else could help in you this regards).

I've loaded the parallel port module (modprobe lp) but it's exactly the same --> no entries in /dev/lpx and of course printerdrake didn't find any printer.

I don't know if there's a way to put an entry manually pointing to my printer in /dev ...

Any suggestions ?

Yes my printer was turned ON.

I finally find out my problem. Actually it was my bios, it disabled the parallel port. I don't know why but it did. It's a know bug from asus motherboards. Sometimes after a reboot the parallel port is disabled ...

All is ok now.

thanks.