Make Glib-2.5.6 to work?

Hi !

I'm about to install a bunch of libraries and stuff for aMule installation. When installing one of many libraries; gtk+ , I get this message when ./configure :

checking for pkg-config... /usr/bin/pkg-config

checking for glib-2.0 >= 2.4.0 atk >= 1.0.1 pango >= 1.4.0... Package glib-2.0 was not found in the pkg-config search path.

Perhaps you should add the directory containing `glib-2.0.pc'

to the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable

No package 'glib-2.0' found

configure: error: Library requirements (glib-2.0 >= 2.4.0 atk >= 1.0.1 pango >= 1.4.0) not met; consider adjusting the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable if your libraries are in a nonstandard prefix so pkg-config can find them.

Mandrake finds the old version of glib ?!?, even I've installed a newer version with no errors..?!?

When I "rpm -qa |grep glib", I get this info:

libglib1.2-1.2.10-11mdk

libglib2.0_0-2.2.3-1mdk

glibc-devel-2.3.3-10mdk

glibc-2.3.3-10mdk (too old version)

I've configured and installed the glib-2.5.6 and everything went ok under installation, but mandrake doesn't find the new version ? I'm not sure how to adjust the pkg_config environment variable..... ?

Does anyone got a solution to this ?

:o

[moved from Software by spinynorman]

• 2 weeks later...
The solution is urpmi. Mandrake uses urpmi to install software. It takes care of dependencies. (read the FAQs about it). Amule is in PLF.

Good luck.

Hi. I had to put this project away for some days... :-) , but today I finally made aMule to work

:headbang:

I used the http://www.amule.org/wiki/index.php/HowTo_Compile_In_MDK , so I guess you were right devries !!

:thanks:

This case is now SOLVED !!!

Marked the thread Solved - Artificial Intelligence