Mandrake 9.2

Urza9814

I need to find somewhere where I can get mandrake 9.2...a 'friend' needs it...he is using an old comp like me...which no way in hell would run 10.0...I would suggest Ubuntu or something, but it'd be a lot easier for me to help him with this if he had mandrake...I would just copy my discs...but they're too screwed...I can install off of 'em (with great difficulty...) but cannot copy at all...so...anyone know of anywhere? I need it ASAP...

man...even GTK-Gnutella isn't getting anything...

Hey Chris, thanks for pimping my site.

Urza, why would 10.1 not run as nicely on an old machine as 9.2?

The hardware support for the machine itself should be as good, unless some drivers didn't get ported yet (but 2.6 kernels are really quite mature now), and xorg and kernel 2.6 should really give you more responsiveness with any hardware - all the more reason to go for 10.1 instead of 9.2 (or any 2.4 kernel system).

Don't think MSWin here - with kernel 2.6, kde 3.3 and xorg, Linux actually got faster compared to the predecessor of each aforementioned (kernel 2.4, kde 3.2 and xfree86 4.3), and so the performance increased on all machines.

Think back at all the excitement around the release of kernel 2.6, and how everyone was shouting that their systems felt so much faster all of a sudden...

Just my 2 cts.

Hey Chris, thanks for pimping my site.

aRTee

I try to mention it where I can - your site rocks :drum:

If your new to Linux/mandrake - this is one of the first places we should all look - it should be one of the main links on the mandrakelinux web site. :gossip: