Internet connection issues - SOLVED

ttellefsen

I am running a compaq presario laptop with and AMD Duron 850 processor with 10.0 CE download version(check sum verified), 384 meg of RAM, Orinoco gold card pcmia to a Linksys 4 port router version 4 connected to a cable modem both of which are set up as DHCP. Router handles the network computers DHCPs. I have configured the gold card as an Lucent wavelan (autodetected). Using the Orinoco_cs driver. I have tried to configure the card with no success with MCC. Installed wireless tools and configured via IWCONFIG. I added my ESSID, Nickname, and Encryp Key. It all took and I am linked up, 52/93.

The problem is that I cannot connect to the internet or do anything with the internet or network. I can ping myself but cannot ping the router or other computers on the network. I do not see the computer through the router admin page either. I have monitored the network in MCC under monitoring connections and it only shows recieving files, I am not sending any. When I go to Internet connections, it say testing LAN and just hangs there. In monitoring connections, when I select connect to internet, it says it cannot and to check my settings in Internet connections. So I am lost and need help. :thanks:

Moved from Installation to networking by Ixthusdan

Well, I was able to fix this issue myself. For those who wish to know please read on. I would first like to say I was suprised to see that I had 22 reads up to this point and no one replied and I would like to really know why. Is this subject that difficult or am I doing something wrong?

To fix the issue all I did was remove both my network devices in MCC and add new in MCC. I selected wireless as type, and added my essid info and encryption key info and checked the link. It was the same as before, linked up.

In conclusion, I would gather that there was a conflict between my NIC card which I do not use and my Orinoco Gold card, which I do use. Mandrake must of somehow automatically set up the NIC card (or I did it without knowing). Any way, it works and I hope this may help someone with this situation in the future.