Motherboard and Graphic Card Issues

Guest LizardKing

Guest LizardKing

Hey sarissi!

What is this Powerpack all about? Excuse my ignorance but I'm a newbie on Linux, so I don't have a clue what u talking about....Anyway, my cpu is a 2700 XP so no probs in that way I guess...

Laters,

I do it the easy way: I use Powerpack. It comes with the 2.6 nForce kernels and the nVidia graphics card stuff. Mandrake install handles that flawlessly.

I have the same mobo as the original poster. Hint: don't try to install with an Athlon XP 3000+  installed (major headache during install). Use an Athlon XP 2500+ for the installation, then you can swap cpus after (works like a charm).

The problem with the mandy install and the 3000+, is the install hangs at installing bootloader about 90% of the time.

John, it may be specific to the combination of the motherboard, cpu, mandrake, etc. Anyways, it is the annoying problem that I ran into with the 3000+ (333 Mhz FSB) and this motherboard during Mandrake Powerpack install.

Hey sarissi!

What is this Powerpack all about? Excuse my ignorance but I'm a newbie on Linux, so I don't have a clue what u talking about....Anyway, my cpu is a 2700 XP so no probs in that way I guess...

Laters,

The Powerpack has a ton of apps included, as well as the nForce, nVidia, and ATI kernels. I think the regular version only has the nForce kernels. The nVidia and ATI are proprietary, so are included only with the Powerpack and Powerpack Plus (business version).

Guest LizardKing

Hey Sarissi,

Ok, I found a Mandrake Linux 10.0 Power Pack iso file that is 3.71 Gb big, I think that is what you talking about...I guess it will take some time til I dload it...Anyway, I'd like you could help me with the nVidia drivers installation once I have it.

Ok, thanks and regards